By Ophir Frieder (auth.), Shlomo Argamon, Newton Howard (eds.)
Modern terrorist networks pose an exceptional chance to foreign safeguard. Their fluid and non-hierarchical constructions, their spiritual and ideological motivations, and their predominantly non-territorial pursuits all significantly complicate the query of the way to neutralize them. As governments and militaries paintings to plot new guidelines and doctrines to wrestle terror, new applied sciences are desperately had to make those efforts powerful.
This ebook collects quite a lot of the most up-tp-date computational study addressing serious matters for counterterrorism in a dynamic and complicated risk environment:
- finding, summarizing, and comparing suitable details from huge and dynamic facts stores;
- simulation and prediction of most probably enemy activities and the results of proposed counter-efforts; and
- producing actionable intelligence by way of discovering significant styles hidden in plenty of noisy facts items.
The contributions are geared up thematically into 4 sections. the 1st part matters efforts to supply powerful entry to small quantities of proper info buried in huge, immense quantities of numerous unstructured facts. the second one part discusses equipment for the most important challenge of extracting significant info from digitized records in a number of languages. The 3rd part offers learn on examining graphs and networks, delivering new methods of researching hidden constructions in info and profiles of adversaries’ ambitions and intentions. eventually, the fourth part of the ebook describes software program platforms that let analysts to version, simulate, and expect the results of real-world conflicts.
The types and strategies mentioned during this publication are priceless interpreting for governmental decision-makers designing new regulations to counter terrorist threats, for participants of the army, intelligence, and legislations enforcement groups devising counterterrorism ideas in line with new applied sciences, and for educational and commercial researchers devising more suitable equipment for wisdom discovery in complex and various datasets.
Read or Download Computational Methods for Counterterrorism PDF
Best computational mathematicsematics books
This booklet nonetheless is still the easiest advent to computing device algebra, catering to either the newbie and the skilled natural mathematician and laptop scientist. This up to date moment variation offers a entire overview, and comprises very good references to basic papers and labored examples.
Beginning with the best semiclassical methods and finishing with the outline of complicated absolutely quantum-mechanical equipment for quantum shipping research of state of the art units, Computational Electronics: Semiclassical and Quantum gadget Modeling and Simulation presents a entire review of the basic thoughts and strategies for successfully interpreting shipping in semiconductor units.
The four-volume set LNCS 2657, LNCS 2658, LNCS 2659, and LNCS 2660 constitutes the refereed court cases of the 3rd overseas convention on Computational technological know-how, ICCS 2003, held at the same time in Melbourne, Australia and in St. Petersburg, Russia in June 2003. The 4 volumes current greater than 460 reviewed contributed and invited papers and span the total diversity of computational technology, from foundational matters in computing device technology and algorithmic arithmetic to complicated functions in nearly all program fields applying computational recommendations.
- Numerik linearer Gleichungssysteme
- 14th Int'l Conference on Numerical Methods in Fluid Dynamics
- 9th Int'l Conference on Numerical Methods in Fluid Dynamics
- Neuro-Dynamic Programming (Optimization and Neural Computation Series, 3)
- Econometrics, Statistics And Computational Approaches in Food And Health Sciences
Additional resources for Computational Methods for Counterterrorism
4) where ψ(yi , x; θ) is deﬁned as before in Eq. 2. Note that the Eq. 3 has an additional yNi in the conditioning set and hence the factorization into products is feasible as the set of neighbors for the patch form the minimal Markov blanket. From Eqs. 4, the log pseudo-likelihood of the data is given by M ψ(yi = a, x; θ) − log L(θ) = i=1 eψ(yi =a,x;θ) a Features for signature classiﬁcation State features try to associate each patch to a label using characteristics of that patch alone. Analogous to these, transition features associate a patch to a label using information from the neighboring patches.
2003b. Properties of binary vector dissimilarity measures. Cary, North Carolina, September. , S. N. Srihari, and C. Huang. 2004. Word image retrieval using binary features. Document Recognition and Retrieval XI, SPIE, San Jose, CA. 3 What Makes a Good Summary? , Hien Nguyen, and Ahmed Mohamed Summary. One of the biggest challenges for intelligence analysts who participate in prevention or response to a terrorism act is to quickly ﬁnd relevant information from massive amounts of data. Along with research on information retrieval and ﬁltering, text summarization is an eﬀective technique to help intelligence analysts shorten their time to ﬁnd critical information and make timely decisions.
World leaders welcomed South Africa’s announcement Saturday of Nelson R. Mandela’s impending release from prison, and international rejoicing began to build for an event so long awaited by so many. Soweto and other black townships around Johannesburg have been hit by black factional ﬁghting that has killed about 800 people since August. In the 15 months since he walked free from prison, Nelson Mandela has played the chief role in talks with President F. W. de Klerk and the white government. The radicals in the ANC may well use the trial and conviction of Mrs.
Computational Methods for Counterterrorism by Ophir Frieder (auth.), Shlomo Argamon, Newton Howard (eds.)