By Juan C. Samper
Providing the most up-tp-date insights on horse breeding, this ebook covers the total reproductive procedure, general and irregular mare body structure, and a variety of reproductive difficulties regularly obvious in either the mare and stallion. assurance contains complex reproductive suggestions, with quite a few breeding innovations that can assist you in attaining optimum fertility rates.
- Features the most up-tp-date info to be had on equine replica, together with the most recent remedies and coverings for breeding disorder, in addition to advances in reproductive techniques
- Focuses on remedy and remedy to supply practitioners with easy access to key information
- Features the shared event and worthy recommendation of world-renowned specialists who've first-hand wisdom of which remedies and cures are so much effective
Read or Download Current Therapy in Equine Reproduction, 1e PDF
Best veterinary medicine books
This easy-to-use reference consultant presents every little thing you must learn about taking good care of and treating pets and barnyard animals. With entire chapters on cats, cows, canine, goats, horses, pigs, chicken, rabbits, and sheep, it comprises thousands of recommendations for fighting and curing universal problems.
* how one can intercourse a rabbit
* tips on how to dehorn a buck
* combating cannibalism in chickens
* Treating saddle sores
* Controlling shock
* Nail take care of canines and cats
* Giving medications
. . . and masses more!
Veterinary consultant for Animal proprietors presents a wealth of sensible, no-nonsense details that no animal proprietor could be without.
Composed of an audio CD and a significant other publication, this package deal demonstrates tips on how to do actual medical reviews of the guts and lungs within the interpreting room. The CD deals step by step directions on how one can determine, interpret, and differentiate center and lung sounds in canine and cats. Made through the use of a middle sound simulator in addition to recordings from sufferers, the CD additionally covers center murmurs and arrhythmias.
This textbook is gifted in a fascinating question-and-answer layout that's the hallmark of The secrets and techniques Series®. It bargains the nuts and bolts essential to aid veterinarians successfully deal with a tradition, open a brand new company, lead staff, and concentrate on consumers. issues coated comprise advertising and marketing, staffing, regulatory issues, computerization, and customer support.
How can technological know-how train us that animals consider no discomfort while our good judgment observations let us know in a different way? Rollin bargains a welcome perception into questions like this within the Unheeded Cry, an extraordinary, average account of the tough and arguable matters surrounding the pictures of animals present in technology.
- Transport in Biological Media
- Every Living Thing
- Handbook of Applied Dog Behavior and Training, Volume 3: Procedures and Protocols
- Veterinary Microbiology and Microbial Disease, 2nd Edition
- The Consulting Veterinary Nurse
Additional resources for Current Therapy in Equine Reproduction, 1e
Vet Surg 2001; 30:572. Ross MW: Standing abdominal surgery. Vet Clin North Am Equine Pract 1991; 7:627. Slone DE: Ovariectomy, ovariohysterectomy, and cesarean section in mares. Vet Clin North Am Equine Pract 1988; 4:451. Hooper RN, Taylor TS, Varner DD et al: Effect of bilateral ovariectomy via colpotomy in mares: 23 cases (1984-1990). J Am Vet Med Assoc 1993; 203:1043. Tshewang U, Dowsett KF, Knott LM et al: Preliminary study of ovarian activity in ﬁllies treated with a GnRH vaccine. Aust Vet J 1997; 75:663.
The permanency of the procedure can also be a signiﬁcant disadvantage because all possibility for future reproduction is eliminated. If the behavior/performance problem is truly related to estrus, removing the ovaries may not solve the problem if the mare continues to display behavioral signs of estrus. This option should be weighed carefully before proceeding. 30 CHAPTER 4 Immunologic Immunizing a mare against GnRH would eliminate the stimulus for gonadotropin release from the pituitary, resulting in suspension of cyclicity.
7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. chemical parameters in mares. Vet Hum Toxicol 1983; 25:250. Squires EL, Shidler RK, Voss JL et al: Clinical applications of progestin in mares. Comp Cont Educ Pract Vet 1983; 5:516. Loy RG, Swan SM: Effects of exogenous progestogens on reproductive phenomena in mares. J Anim Sci 1966; 25:821. Hawkins DL, Neely DP, Stabenfeldt GH: Plasma progesterone concentrations derived from the administration of exogenous progesterone to ovariectomized mares.
Current Therapy in Equine Reproduction, 1e by Juan C. Samper